I have this old TV Cabinet gathering dust and looking very tired. It was time for a makeover! Cotton Candi Chalk Paint to the rescue.
I did this project over two Saturday mornings. So it could easily been done in one day.
What you will need :
- A tired dusty cupboard/TV stand
- 250ml Cotton Candi Chalk Paint (which you can buy here https://cottoncandi.co.za/product/slate-chalkboard-paint-250ml/ ) in a colour of your choice. I used Silver.
- A sponge roller paint brush and paint pan
- A small narrow paint brush for grooves and corners
- Ceramic door knobs. You can get these at most interior decor shops (I got mine from Beachsand in the Long Beach Mall, Noordhoek)
- Clean the surface well. I used water and Handy Andy
- No need to sand off any old paint or varnish
- Using the chalk paint, paint a thin layer over the article
- Leave to dry (it really doesn’t take long to dry)
- Use the small paint brush to fill in the corners and anywhere the roller missed
- Once completely dry give it a second coat
- I had to drill bigger holes for the door knobs to fit (make sure the thread on the door knob will be long enough to screw in, I had to exchange the grey and white stripe for another floral as the thread was too short)
And there you have it, as easy as that. I am going to use the cupboard in our guest room. I painted an old framed mirror to make it a dressing table. If you have revamped any furniture using chalk paint please let us know. We would love to see some pics.
Use these alternative colours.